Solo Dallas The Schaffer Replica TSR 2020 Black
HE SCHAFFER REPLICA® - STORM 2020
Since we first introduced the Schaffer Replica EX “Tower” (Used by Angus Young of AC/DC, Richard Fortus of Guns 'n Roses, ...) our customers’ most popular request has been for us to create a pedalboard-friendly stompbox with the same circuit.
Well, you spoke and we listened! To our loyal fans who have waited so patiently, we proudly introduce The Schaffer Replica - Storm.
The Storm features a 100% analog signal path that is nearly identical to our EX Tower that has quite literally taken the guitar industry by storm, hence the name. It perfectly captures our signature “Schaffer Sound” voicing and offers three interactive circuits capable of generating a plethora of tones for every guitar configuration and genre of music.
* GAIN knob controls our signature gain circuit that bumps the crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix (think Angus Young guitar tone).
* BOOST knob controls a powerful pre-amp capable of delivering a whopping 31db of clean boost. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of your amplifier or pushing it into oblivion!
* LIMITER knob controls Ken Schaffer’s signature Opto-Isolator limiter. This optical analog circuit naturally limits the audio signal going into the pedal's circuitry (unlike the complimentary compander circuit which smooths out amplitude after the signal reaches its peak).
An Optical Limiter stands out for its very musically sounding compression (fast attack, medium slow release). It allows the player to get additional sustain and fat sounding lead/rhythms without the need for too much drive (which can start to sound fizzy).
A lot of Funk players love the limiter too - it's a GREAT tone enhancing feature overall.
* 100% Analog Circuitry
* High Quality Gold Plated Circuit Board
* Heavy Duty True Bypass Footswitch (Alpha)
* Blue LED when effect is engaged
* Internal adjustable trimmer for setting the max. output volume
* Neutrik Jacks
* Power Requirements: 9-12vDC